D2 Closure

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Feb 17 09:05:37 PST 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu:
> D2 has officially been frozen.

Congratulations to Walter and you then :-)

> There is no major breaking change we can
> make at this moment. Defining features that don't change the semantics
> of existing code is possible, but will be undocumented at least in the
> first print of TDPL.

There is a certain amount of features already partially implemented or partially broken than can be fixed and finished from now on.
A little example: I think this doesn't compile yet (the compiler can't find std.math.sqrt):

void main() {
    double x = 5 ^^ 0.5;
}

Bye,