Whither Tango?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Feb 20 17:30:12 PST 2010

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote in message
news:hlp3bv$1als$1 at digitalmars.com...
> KennyTM~ wrote:
>>
>> Major silly names:
>>
>>  - std.iterator.retro, std.range.retro
>
> Some arond here seem to be very comfortable about it. Anyway, let's find
> another one (can't be "reverse").

"reverseOf"?

>>  - std.random.dice (it is a discrete distribution...)
>
> What's wrong with dice?

I like it, but I can definitely understand that some people might find its
meaning too indirect. Maybe "std.random.discrete" or "std.random.even" or
"std.random.regular" or somethingliek that?

>>  - std.range.iota
>
> C++, APL, Go:
>
> http://bytes.com/topic/c/answers/446688-iota
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iota

Could it be an overload of "sequence"? It looks to me like it's just a
special case of sequence.

>> Minor annoyances:
>>
>>  - std.contracts.enforceEx (sounds like Win32 API which you should use in
>> favor of enforce.)
>
> Agreed. Alternative?

"enforceException"?

>>  - std.path.rel2abs (why not relToAbs?)
>
> It's shorter and apparently there's no trouble in understanding it.

It's cute. But that's probably more of a downside. I agree with the other
person who said "To" would be much more consistent.