Problem with writeln

Ivan Senji not_my_real_mail at xyz.com
Sun Feb 28 02:14:37 PST 2010

Hi!

I haven't been using D for a long long long time unfortunately. Recently
I decided to give it a try again, downloaded D2.040, setup  descent
(btw. descent looks great) and ddbg.

After some time I managed to get my old program compiling again and it
works great. That is... it works great when not compiled with -debug.

After a lot of commenting out debug statements i found the problematic
line was this statement:

debug writeln(".", counter ++);

My program is an OpenGL app and this line is located in my main draw
method. It prints the numbers (counter) up to 203 and then crashes.

Using ddbg all i was able to get is this (not really that useful to me):

Unhandled D Exception (std.stream.WriteException
  "unable to write to stream") at KERNELBASE.dll (0x75d9b727)

When i change my problematic line to

core.stdc.stdio.printf(".%d\n", counter++);

The app still prints numbers up to 203 and the stops printing to the
console but otherwise continues to run normally (the OpenGL drawing
part, mouse input, everything else).

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks!

:)