Porting C# code

Brien reply at tolist.com
Thu Jan 7 06:23:47 PST 2010

Hi BCS,

I'd really appreciate it.  I'm looking to port over a network server application so the GUI stuff shouldn't be a problem.  I've also kept my source code on C# 1.0 so hopefully that should make it easier.

Did you write your own parser or base it on ANTLR or some other parsing/compiling library?

I wonder if it is possible to fully automate the conversion process- if you limit yourself to a certain subset of C# and maybe do some tricks to decorate the C# source code with any additional D keywords you would need, e.g. in C#

public class Foo {
    public /* @shared */ int bar;
}

which could get translated as a shared variable.

I might want to continue to primarily write code in C# but create an optimized port to D where I would be able to use native techniques on critical areas of the code.

-Brien