Google's Go

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Jan 23 15:28:10 PST 2010

"Bane" <branimir.milosavljevic at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:hjfvv2$85c$1 at digitalmars.com...

> I naively and firmly believe, from my standpoint as a individual, that any
> large corporation is evil. Google is no exception.

Hear hear!

> My understanding is that maybe when they were startup, they were
> idealistic. Once they grew to a certain size, and amounted certain cash,
> everything goes the same way as with M$ or any other company. Lots of
> money comes with lots of power, people attracted to it etc. Game is to
> stay on top, which means eating smaller fishes and expanding to other
> areas (Google burger anyone?). If not so, then they would not be No1 and
> some bigger fish would eat them. Thats capitaljism, as Arnold from Red
> Heat would say.

Yea, something I find quite interesting is that, originally, I liked Google
very much. They made the smartest and best web search engine out there, and
married it with what, to this day, I consider one of the best examples of
web interface design around. But then as soon as they had their IPO they
started pumping out 95% junk (ie, at least Google Maps has some good points)
but were hailed by everyone anyway because "Hey! It's the same great company
as before!". The hell it is.