Google's Go

Rainer Deyke rainerd at eldwood.com
Sat Jan 23 16:50:31 PST 2010

Bane wrote:
> I naively and firmly believe, from my standpoint as a individual,
> that any large corporation is evil. Google is no exception.

I think there is some truth to that, in the same way as all governments,
political parties, and other large organizations are evil.  Still, this
doesn't mean that are governments or all large corporations are morally
equivalent.  I'll take the evil of a secular liberal democracy over the
evil of a fundamentalist theocratic dictatorship any day.

Google provides free products and services, uses unobtrusive
advertising, promotes open standards, and contributes to open source
projects.  Compared to other corporations of a similar size, they're
practically saints.  Even if I don't care for their products, or for the
direction in which they are trying to push the computer industry.

Rainer Deyke - rainerd at eldwood.com