dflplot/Plot2Kill, Most Mature *nix GUI For D2

Mike Wey mike-wey at example.com
Sat Jul 17 06:01:46 PDT 2010

On 07/16/2010 03:34 PM, dsimcha wrote:
> What turned me off was the Drawable class, which I'd be using heavily.  There's no
> way to construct it w/o explicitly creating a pointer to a C struct and then
> passing it in.

gdk.Drawable is meant to be used as either a gdk.window or a gdk.Pixmap
it more or less acts as a abstract class.

Or you can get the Drawable of a Drawing Area like this:

DrawingArea area = new DrawingArea();
Drawable draw = area.getWindow();

You're probably going to use cairo for drawing so it might be a good
idea to look at the cairo demos/examples:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/gtkd/browser/trunk/demos/cairo/text_image/text_image.d

Cairo also allows drawing to files: png. svg, pdf and ghostscript.

--
Mike Wey