[OT] CMS recommendation for these criteria...?

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Tue Jul 27 23:53:00 PDT 2010

On 28/7/10 01:48, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> That's pretty damn slick!
>
> I just tried out the demo site. Only spent a couple minutes with it but so
> far it looks like it beats the pants off of WordPress (which I was never
> quite happy with), Nucleus and b2evolution. And the admin panel is probably
> the nicest one I've seen. I'll definitely give that a try on my server.

Glad you like it :)

> Only thing though, I didn't see any way to delete comments (there can always
> be trolls and human-type spammers). Is there a way to do that that I missed?
> I could live with just doing it manually with SQL though, if the DB schema
> isn't too complex.

AdminCP->Comments->Check comment/comments to delete->Delete Selected.

The option's hidden away at the bottom, next to "Approve selected". As
for the db schema, deleting would be as simple as (untested, haven't
done any SQL in a while):

DELETE FROM tcm_mod_comments WHERE id = 6;

Replacing tcm_ with whatever prefix you used when you installed
TangoCMS, and 6 is the id of the comment to delete (You can get this
from either editting the comment, or just looking at the id="" for the
comment. Of course you don't need to do this thanks to the button
mentioned above =]

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/