Axiomatic purity of D

Justin Johansson no at spam.com
Fri Jul 30 07:10:28 PDT 2010

lurker wrote:
> Justin Johansson Wrote:
>
>> To what degree do the author and advocates of the D(2) Programming
>> Language believe that it is axiomatically pure and to what degree
>> to the naysayers believe that it is conversely impure.  Further,
>> does axiomatic purity in a PL really matter?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for all opinions offered.
>
> What *is* axiomatic purity? A quick google books search returned titles like:
>
> "Jesus remembered"
> "American physics in transition: a history of conceptual change in"
> "Feminism-art-theory: an anthology, 1968-2000"
> "Feminism and tradition in aesthetics"
> "Constructive interventions: paradigms, process and practice of .."
> "Agriculture and rural connections in the Pacific, 1500-1900"
> "Possessed by the past: the heritage crusade and the spoils of history"

Well I never googled to see if my phrase was vernacular per se, though
on having googled for the exact phrase using bunny ear quotes, ie.
"axiomatic purity" I found this dubious title on page 2 of the Google
search results:

<search-result>
ACTION! Big Fuckin Tits, What is „Tits Granny“ and detailed. Tits Ass.
5 Jul 2010 ... Spoken in fulfilment - regardless newsreader to axiomatic
purity! 3. Big hard tits. When blacken (or preciosity) she for him? ...
ww36.assandtits0adult.com/52-big-fuckin-tits.html - Cached
</search-result> LOL :-)

Nevertheless, I'm sure that readers of this NG would understand that
my reference to "axiomatic purity" in the context of the design of a
PL is in further reference to the formal mathematical/logical
soundness of the PL from a mathematical/logical axiomatic basis.

So for your further entertainment, would you please search on google
for the following phase (including quotes)
"axiomatic basis"
and report your findings back to this NG.

Kind regards,
Justin Johansson