One document about Go

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 14:24:58 PDT 2010

I would argue that there will be more people coming to D from languages such as C and C++, versus Python or similar languages that don't use semicolons as statement terminators.

And many of them will still use C/C++ because they still have to maintain some projects written in those languages. If D had no semicolons, it would add confusion when a person would swap from a D project to a C project and vice-versa.

I think it's better to keep semicolons, at least for the sake of adoption.