Marketing of D - article topic ideas?

Jeff Nowakowski jeff at dilacero.org
Sat Jun 5 15:49:56 PDT 2010

On 06/05/2010 09:10 AM, Adam Ruppe wrote:

> The really interesting thing is how D on plain old CGI also performed
> better than fairly popular PHP applications as well, like phpBB3,
> WordPress and MediaWiki (determined by comparing individual pages that
> did basically the same thing. Not exactly though, so not a fully fair
> comparison)

Why is this interesting? D is a static, compiled, "system" language
designed to be near the speed of C. PHP is a scripting language, similar
to Perl, but built to make web coding easier.

And I agree with "retard" that if you rewrite something crappy (or even
not so crappy), the new version will be better than the original. If you
want your article to be taken seriously, you'll have to show code
written in idiomatic PHP that benefits from being written in idiomatic D.