@property

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Jun 25 09:45:06 PDT 2010

>But programmers often use casing differences to use more than one word to describe a symbol.<

Only programmers of case-sensitive languages :-) In Delphi programmers just don't do that, there are plenty of other strings available in their universe :-)

>theResetButton vs. thereSetButtOn look like two different things to me (one is a button to reset something, and the other, well I guess it might be a chair?).  Doesn't change the meaning to the compiler, but the human reading it is confused.<

Humans can be confused a bit, right (but those humans are mostly the ones trained by case-sensitive languages usage). This is why all serious programmers of case-insensitive languages adopt a style and write identifiers in a uniform way, just like you put braces and indents in a standard way in your D programs, to help readability. The end result is that Delphi programs are not harder to read than D programs :-) Probably they are a bit simpler to read than C programs.

>Same for omitting parentheses or including them to call the same function.<

If you are trained to write lot of code in Haskell then you probably don't miss parentheses so much. I agree that in D it's better to keep them on default. But it's not an universal thing.

Bye,
bearophile