Network I/O and streaming in D2

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Jun 30 09:49:52 PDT 2010

Robert Jacques wrote:
> Great, but if binary are excluded from the libcurl license, then
> binaries don't have any license and are unusable.

That is not my understanding. The binary is not excluded from the license, it is
just excluded from the attribution requirement of the license.

> Besides, legally I
> don't think he can change the interpretation of his license without
> changing its text. I'd recommend kindly asking him to grant you/D the
> right to use libcurl under the BOOST license, for legal reasons.

Legally, he has every right to change and clarify his license, and since the
email is after his license, it supercedes it. I believe his email to me would
suffice for any dispute. IANAL. But I agree that changing the license to Boost
would be better.