An example of Clang error messages

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Mar 5 02:25:53 PST 2010

On 3/4/10 20:19, Walter Bright wrote:
> Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> You should try Digital Mars C. Its error messages are similar to that,
>> though I don't think it has the built in spellchecker.
>>
>> The ^ pointing to where it is on the line is something it's done for many
>> many years, though it isn't really that useful anyway in practice.

Why would you remove such a useful feature if it's already implemented?
I think too often people just complain when they don't like something
and when they do like something they just sit silently. Perhaps they use
IDEs when compiling that take them directly to the file and line number
when they get a compiler error.