any tool to at least partially convert C++ to D (htod for source

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Mar 9 14:04:08 PST 2010

"Justin Johansson" <no at spam.com> wrote in message
news:hn6evv$hl7$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Walter Bright Wrote:
>
>> Justin Johansson wrote:
>> > Having spent six months developing a significant app in D only to find
>> > impediments to
>> > practical completion of the project and ultimate deployment,
>>
>> Which ones did you find to be blocking?
>
> (My time zone is way different to yours and gotta dash to work soon so
> will have to be brief).
>
> (Comments in relation to D1)
>
> The #1 show-stopper for me was lack of shared object (.so) support under
> Linux; virtually
> mandated by my audience (Apache/LAMP).  (A workaround like FastCGI is
> simply not
> appealing to customers.)  This topic discussed many times before on this
> NG.

When you have a chance, I'm curious to hear why you feel something like
FastCGI is unappealing to customers compared to .so. I assume there's more
to it than it just not being "trendy" enough. (For me personally, the issue
is moot b/c my clients are generally on shared hosting from questionable
providers, so I pretty much have to stick with PHP or Haxe. Or ASP,
depending on the client).