dmdz

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Thu Mar 18 09:32:25 PDT 2010

On 18/03/10 01:17, Ellery Newcomer wrote:
> I was kind of hoping others would try it and give their opinions, but
> apparently nobody else cares. Or they're on vacation, like I should be.
> Or they're giving the infamous 'silent approval'. Who knows.

I'm usually one of those, but seen as you asked... It looks good :) I
haven't had chance to try it yet, but a simple tool like this could be
really useful. I don't have the same reservations as Andrei about the
amount of code/how it's done... If it does its job it's good enough for
me :)

One thing I would like to know, are there plans for file formats other
than .zip? You can generally get files less than half the size with
faster compression/decompression times using other formats... would
adding support for them (.tar.xz, .tar.gz) be too much extra hassle?