Improving Compiler Error Messages

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sun May 2 11:28:04 PDT 2010

Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Sun, May 02, 2010 at 05:51:48AM -0400, bearophile wrote:
>> In 2010 people are not interested in the scrolling of text in the command
>> line interface, even basic editors gulp down the error messages.
>
> You shouldn't speak for everyone without some solid evidence. I still find
> some scroll related stuff to be annoying.

I agree, since I still rely on console windows to do compiling in. Also, if
someone is using an editor to gulp down the error messages, they will not need
the display of source line because the editor will handle that far better.

So there is no application for the source line as part of the error message.