Spellechecker - is this really fun?

Eldar Insafutdinov e.insafutdinov at gmail.com
Sun May 9 14:11:40 PDT 2010

lurker Wrote:

> The standard library version of xml parser also sucks, Tango has world class implementation.

I don't agree here. I used Tango xml and it is far from being perfect.

> It's sad to say this, but d2/phobos cannot be used in high performance application development during the next 5 to 10 years. It's also bad for graphical end user applications because the garbage collector is bad and performance wise it cannot win c++ & Qt.

Nor do I agree with this one. I have recently tried to achieve good performance with Qt's string handling and really wished that I used D. Phobos(and Tango) algorithms work with all kind of strings(mutable and immutable, UTF-8,16,32) and you don't allocate each time when you extract a sub-string. So D would actually be faster in what I was doing.