Poll: Primary D version

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Fri May 21 22:34:08 PDT 2010

retard Wrote:

> What is more interesting is that the majority of D users already use D2,
> which has a huge list of bugs. It just tells that most D users don't use
> D in serious / mission critical / money bringing projects, but instead as
> a hobby.

I've yet to use a compiler that had zero bugs I needed to consider when writing code.  What's more important to me is that the bugs that do exist shouldn't unduly inconvenience me, nor should they hurt my ability to easily move to a newer compiler later.  VC6 was terrible in this respect--it crashed constantly, and so badly supported the language spec that I had to purposefully write screwed up code just so it would compile.  Moving to VC7 took a lot of rewriting.  Assuming there are no sufficiently annoying bugs in DMD2 I'd rather work with the latest language spec to make my app more maintainable over time.  In a work environment, I think it's more important that a compiler be supported than that it be bug-free.