Poll: Primary D version

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue May 25 12:55:17 PDT 2010

Bill Baxter:
> So LuaJIT beats D on some or all of those benchmarks?

It's faster or close, D code compiled with dmd.

> >From that it looks like LuaJIT can't beat g++ for speed on any of the
> benchmarks.  You disagree with those results?

I don't disagree with those results, in my original post I have said: >But today programs running on the the Lua JIT are often faster than equivalent FP-heavy D programs compiled with DMD.<
This means comparing FP-heavy programs compiled with LUA jit 2.0a4 and DMD 2.x.
I have not given hard timings because the point of my post was qualitative and not quantitative :-)

Bye,
bearophile