64-bit support (Was: Poll: Primary D version)

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Wed May 26 07:22:09 PDT 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu, el 26 de mayo a las 08:19 me escribiste:
> On 05/25/2010 10:38 PM, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> >Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> >

> >>Good point. Who here knows what steps need be taken to create a repository?
> >>
> >>Andrei
> >
> >I haven't tried myself, someone has for the Tango side. It doesn't look
> >to be too difficult:
> >
> >http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/286
> >
> >If you would like I could try to come up with a configuration file this
> >week/weekend
>
> That would be awesome, thanks!
>
> Walter, it would be also great if you could contact the person who
> did the .deb file to also kindly ask for a 64-bit .deb.

As Jesse Phillips said:

DDebber will build packages for i386 and AMD64. The main difference is
that the AMD64 package will depended on the required ia32 libraries
which will not be pulled in with -force-architecture.

http://dsource.org/projects/ddebber
"The goal is to give this program to Walter so he is able to build .deb
packages and host them on digitalmars.com"

Maybe he can take a look at that.