Uniform function call syntax

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Wed May 26 16:41:16 PDT 2010

Wed, 26 May 2010 22:05:48 +0200, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> I've asked this before, probably several times: if and when will D get
> the uniform function call syntax that has been talked about? Example:
>
> void foo (int i) {}
> 3.foo();
>
> And please don't say it's already implemented because it isn't, I've
> heard that before.

Are you sure you're not confusing two things.

"The uniform access says that client code should not be affected by a
decision to implement an attribute as a field or method." -- Programming
in Scala

The other is a term known as extension methods. "Extension methods enable
you to "add" methods to existing types without creating a new derived
type, recompiling, or otherwise modifying the original type." -- http://
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb383977.aspx