std.container update

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu May 27 11:42:43 PDT 2010

Another update:

http://erdani.com/d/phobos/std_container.html
http://erdani.com/d/phobos/container.d

I simplified the implementation (no more array allocation etc.),
eliminated replace() and insertBefore() after convincing myself they are
not a good fit for lists, and added linearRemove(Take!Range).

Take!Range seems to be the secret recipe for an enjoyable SList experience.

I'll follow up later with an Array sample implementation. Then on the
radar are an associative container (probably a straight hash or a binary
tree) and then TightSList and TightArray which use deterministic storage
management.

I figured out a lot of stuff, and it seems to settle together quite nicely.

Andrei