std.container update

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmail.com
Thu May 27 16:28:42 PDT 2010

I take it that Array is basically supposed to be std.container's version of
C++'s vector or Java's ArrayList? If so, I would suggest that Array is not
the best of names in that it would become very easy to confuse it with
built-in arrays when discussing them (particularly in verbal communication
where you can't see the capital A). Personally, I would have just gone with
Vector, since it's a fairly standard name for that sort of container and
wouldn't be confused with anything else. If you really want Array, that's
fine - it should be clear enough when it's in code - but I would think that
talking about it could easily be confusing enough that it wouldn't be the
best of names.

- Jonathan M Davis