If you have to learn just one programming language

Pelle pelle.mansson at gmail.com
Mon May 31 09:23:18 PDT 2010

On 05/31/2010 05:43 PM, retard wrote:
> D is very close to C. The productivity is much lower than with other
> modern scripting or hybrid-functional languages.

I disagree, unless you need a specific library which D does not yet have.

> DMD is much slower than Sun Javac/Jvm 7, GNU GCC 4.5, and LLVM.

For very special values of much, I suppose.

> For example the lambda syntax is terribly verbose in D compared to Scala
> or Haskell.

But way better than in java, C, C++ or almost any other language.

> D&  DMD are unstable, badly specified, buggy and most dsource projects
> are deprecated (D1) or dead.

True, but it's not like D isn't moving anywhere in that aspect.

> DMD only works on 32-bit x86.

It only compiles 32 bit code, but it works on x86_64 as well, I think.

Is there a point in here somewhere? :)