Containers I'd like to see in std.containers

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Mon May 31 12:39:42 PDT 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 00:47, Ellery Newcomer
<ellery-newcomer at utulsa.edu>wrote:

> On 05/30/2010 04:53 PM, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
>
>> There are some simple containers I'd like to see in std.containers:
>>
>> - a priority queue
>>

> (incf vote)
>
> It seems like I'm always writing priority queue implementations whose
> elements get mutated at weird times and need to be resorted.

Me too. Once again, it's a standard libray, it should offer the things
anyone will code in its first three months in D.
I know I did :-)

If Andrei wants std.containers to be containers and this list contains
_things_ that are not containers, then by all mean Phobos should have a
std.usefulThingiesToPutThingsIn

>  - a heap
>> - a stack, a queue
>>

> alias + doubly linked list
>
>  - a set
>>

> want

I always end up using a bool[T] as a set, every feeling like I'm cheating or
such.

Philippe