why a part of D community do not want go to D2 ?

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 09:35:36 PST 2010

Jacob Carlborg schrieb:
> On 2010-11-10 22:26, Sean Kelly wrote:
>>
>> There was another simpler reason as well, which was that I didn't want
>> to speculatively maintain code for various compilers or whatever just
>> in case they decided to use druntime one day.  It's far less effort to
>> simply add whatever's needed when that day comes.  Also, I do still
>> feel that the druntime SVN shouldn't have to be the repository used
>> for every compiler runtime or garbage collector implementation.  That
>> was necessary in Tango because Tango was an alternative library, so
>> for any hope of Tango being used we had to do all the work ourselves.
>> It's far from being an optimal workflow however.
>
> I you don't think that support for other compilers should be in druntime
> what do you suggest?

That every compiler ships it's own version of druntime?
If druntime needs to be adjusted for any compiler anyway, the compiler-devs can
do that themselves (probably they know better how to do that, anyway).
This has the merit the compiler devs can make changes on the compiler without
being afraid of breaking druntime - because they can adjust their version of
druntime accordingly.

Cheers,
- Daniel