One year of Go

so so at so.do
Fri Nov 12 00:56:13 PST 2010

> Go is the Paris Hilton of programming languages. They keep getting buzz
> and
> attention not because of having ever demonstrated real merit, which they
> haven't, but because of being associated with recognizable names. Famous
> just simply for being famous. Pretty much the whole world has realized
> how
> useless they are, but they keep getting attention anyway.

Sadly it is true, programmers no better, popularity means a lot.
Which brings also many positive things like tools, support, growth...
I remember another language backed up with again a big company, they'll
eventually get to that level and that is it.
Though i hope they come up with something good at the end, which is by the
look of the start and a few princibles, unlikely.