Shared pain

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Fri Nov 19 08:04:33 PST 2010

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 08:25:17 -0500, Jason House wrote:

> A cast to immutable is required when constructing immutable objects. The
> type system can't prove that's safe. It's a design limitation to keep
> complexity low.

Jason,

But design limitations like that will force programmers who are on a
tight schedule to just say __gshared, and to hell with it.

Languages can't be designed just on theory - some recognition of
practicality is also required.

As to the thread - I don't think that is under my control. I believe the
Windows service dispatcher does its own thing.

Thanks for taking the trouble
Steve