Big executable?

so so at so.do
Wed Oct 6 00:11:05 PDT 2010

On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 09:36:00 +0300, Kagamin <spam at here.lot> wrote:

> Andre Tampubolon Wrote:
>
>> import std.stdio;
>>
>> void main()
>> {
>>      writefln("%s World", "Hello");
>> }
>>
>> The final executable size is about 300 KB. Isn't that a bit huge,
>
> 300kb is the lower limit if you use phobos and druntime.

First response (and yet not actually an answer) to a newcomer is from a
phobos hater, isn't it grand!

Anyways, there are not much of reasons that should make D produce bigger
executables than other system languages.
I remember, just recently Andrei fixed something in phobos that affects
exe size.
It is getting better but as far as i can gather from this newsgroup it is
a low priority (bug?).