The Next Big Language

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Mon Oct 18 03:00:00 PDT 2010

Am 18.10.2010 10:34, schrieb dennis luehring:
>>  My question is how many D like languages came up with an open source
>>  compiler? Why do people keep using that argument again and again?
>
> and second
>
> how many of these "other" languages got an community driven development
> processes (aren't there always "these five keyplayers" around?)

another point is that most of todays dynamic languages are based more or
less on the java vm or .net (with some exceptions)

but this won't help in an "static" like lanquage like D because
it adresses also near to system programming that is in these worlds only
"fakeable" -> what should i do with the inline-asm inside of an
java/.net vm, how to fake ptr-arithmetic-stuff for c-linkage parties
these are often forgotten backend problems