[due diligence] std.xml

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Oct 19 12:53:56 PDT 2010

On 2010-10-19 21:37, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> More detail about the design please? I browsed through the code and the
> main issue seems to be heavy reliance on granular delegates to do pretty
> much anything. Would fixing that improve usability? (It would most
> likely improve performance.)
>
> Andrei

It has a kind of annoying API:

* Attributes are handled as an associative array instead of classes like
the rest of the nodes
* You cannot create an empty Document, you must either create one from
existing XML data or create one with a root element
* There is no way the access the parent of a node
* No XPath

These are a few I came up with for now.

--
/Jacob Carlborg