d-mode for Emacs

Graham Fawcett fawcett at uwindsor.ca
Thu Oct 21 06:34:43 PDT 2010

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 08:43:22 +0200, Gour wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 19:39:12 -0500
>
> Andrei> If that's feasible, sure! Does anyone know the right people?
>
> Afaik, it involves getting written & signed papers from all the
> contributors sent to FSF...iow, it's not so easy and therefore I believe
> that for now it's better to just create public repo as Russel has
> suggested below:
>
> Russel> Works for me.  I'll delay creating a Launchpad project and
> Russel> team, and establishing a Bazaar branch as the trunk until
> Russel> Andrei gives approval to the plan ;-)
>
> In parallel to that, it's possible to research further what is required
> to include d-mode in Emacs itself, but, as I wrote in another post, it
> can be win/win - having both separate project and being included in
> Emacs by submitting specific release prior to official release of Emacs.

Consider including it in ELPA, the (relatively new) Emacs Lisp Package
Archive project:

http://tromey.com/elpa/upload.html
http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com/2009/04/elpa.html

It works really well as a package manager for Elisp projects. You are
encouraged to assign your code to FSF, but it's not mandatory.

Best,
Graham