GCC 4.6

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Oct 30 19:47:50 PDT 2010

Walter:

> You post lists of features every day.

I hate wasting your time, so please ignore my posts you aren't interested in. I write those things because I like to think and discuss about new ways to explain semantics to computers. Most of those things are for discussion, not for inclusion in D2 (few of them may be included in D3, in the future).

Please don't add any new major feature to D2 before the current features are implemented and work.

In Bugzilla I have a short list of small things that I'd like to see tidied up, there is no major (or medium sized) feature among them. Only little but important things for the general tidiness of a language, like enforcing the presence of [] in vector operations. Once a lot of D2 code is written fixing them will be harder.

> It also bothers me that you regularly read feature lists put out by other
> languages, and seem unaware of what D can do.

There are many things I don't know yet about D and its compiler, and from the answers and corrections I become more aware about D and programming.
In some weeks I may teach the basics of D2 to a classroom in my nation, so the more mistakes I make & gets corrected in the relative isolation of this newsgroup, the less wrong things I will teach them :-)

Bye,
bearophile