GSoC Mentoring: Garbage Collection

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 11:55:51 PDT 2011

This may be belated, but I'm thinking of applying for mentoring a garbage
collection project for GSoC 2011.  I think GC quality of implementation is one
of D's biggest weaknesses and one of the areas I know most about.

I can't seem to find information about time commitments in the GSoC FAQ or how
to apply as a mentor and have not been following the related threads closely.
 Does mentoring just consist of spending a few hours a week corresponding with
the student, i.e. providing feedback, answering questions, etc., or does it
require a major time commitment?