i like cakes

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Apr 4 12:22:07 PDT 2011

On 4/4/11 2:03 PM, Daniel Gibson wrote:
> And on the other hand there's Gary Whatmore and his army of sockpuppets
> voting down D critics and giving the whole community a bad name with his
> extreme (pseudo-?) fanboyism.

Good point. I should also add that it's a possibility that an article is
classified as spam if it receives many positive votes in a short time
from the same IP or something. Such votes could come from a
well-intended or not-so-well-intended person and are bad either way.
Also, if I were reddit I'd prefer accuracy to coverage, which means it's
better if the occasional good article is classified as spam

Anyway, I'm not up to improve the Internet here. But I do believe what
we could and should to is to improve D and people's views on it.

Andrei