GUI library for D

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:33:08 PDT 2011

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> I admit I've never actually played any version of Empire. But then
> I've never really been particularly into resource-management
> strategies (I *think* that's what Empire is...something similar to
> Civilazation, right?)

I've never played Civilization! But, I wouldn't call it resource
management really. Every turn, you can make more units (more
or less depending on how many cities you've captured), and while
that's an important part of the game, I'd say more of it is
positioning your guys and advancing without leaving your own cities
open to be conquered.

Resource management makes me think of something like Warcraft
where controlling the gold mines is more important than army
positioning. Holding cities is vital to victory in Empire, but
positioning your army is at least as important too.

> I had no idea the 64-bit chips couldn't do 16-bit!

Then can, but not when they are in 64 bit mode.

In 32 bit mode, it's the same as the old chips. You can run 32 bit
code and 16 bit code side by side, but no 64 bit.

In 64 bit mode, you can now run 64 and 32 bit code together, but
no 16 bit.

The mode it runs in depends on your operating system. Put a 32 bit
OS on the 64 bit chip and everything works the same as the old
processors. But, if you want to actually use the new capabilities,
you've gotta go with a 64 bit OS, which means losing native 16 bit
(at least until you reboot into 32 or 16 bit OS)