DWT2

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 07:45:15 PDT 2011

On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 10:36:39 -0400, Andrej Mitrovic
<andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/8/11, Bruno Medeiros <brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail> wrote:
>> On 05/04/2011 04:54, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
>>> You have to be kidding me. Who writes code like this?
>>>
>>> http://i.imgur.com/BBQde.png
>>
>> What's wrong with it?  Do you mean the anonymous classes with all the
>> fields and contructors for passing the variables in the enclosing scope?
>>
>> --
>> Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer
>>

> I don't understand the need to create huge anonymous classes. If
> you're going to create or override so many methods, you might as well
> create a new class instead of embedding one in the call.
>
> Maybe that's a standard way of doing it in Java, but I'd never code
> like this. Maybe it's because I don't depend on an IDE, and like to
> keep my code clean. I'm not a fan of deeply nested code.

I think the reason it looks like this is because Java does not have
delegates.  Anonymous delegates are much easier to read, and also do not
take up heap space.

If anything, I'd say a very worthwhile project would be to change all the
callback interfaces and anonymous classes to delegates.

-Steve