simple display (from: GUI library for D)

teo teo.ubuntu at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 15:48:58 PDT 2011

On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 20:26:07 +0000, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:

> We discussed this first in the GUI library thread, but since it
> meandered so much, I decided to split off into a new subject. Much of
> what I say here will be old to anyone who saw the previous thread.
> There's some new stuff nearer to the bottom though.
>
> I, with input from others, have started writing a little module for
> simple uses of a display. You can write to a bitmap, display it to a
> window, and handle events all in an easy way. The basics are cross
> platform, but you can use native function calls too.
>
> http://arsdnet.net/dcode/simpledisplay.d

I admit I didn't read the whole thread...

I just wanted to point out the following:
- XCB (http://xcb.freedesktop.org/) - aims to replace Xlib
- Wayland (http://wayland.freedesktop.org/) - aims to replace the X server

A quick look at the source code shows that you are targeting the X
server, which might not be the best idea.

Please ignore my post, if the above is well known and has already been
discussed.