compile phobos into 64bit -- error!

Kai Meyer kai at unixlords.com
Mon Apr 18 08:15:51 PDT 2011

On 04/17/2011 08:29 AM, Don wrote:
> David Wang wrote:
>> Hi, all,
>>
>> I've download the latest dmd & druntime & phobos from gitHub.com;
>> I copied them into a "32bit" folder and a "64bit" folder; I combined them
>> separately into 32bit version and 64bit.
>>
>> 1). 32bit for dmd & druntime & phobos -- passed.
>> 2). 64bit for dmd & druntime -- passed; but phobos -- failed. Please
>> view the
>> info as follows:
>
> A 'live' development checkout is not guaranteed to work. For one thing,
> development on Phobos and on the compiler is independent, and changes
> can be made simultaneously to both.
> To maximize your chances of getting a functional build, look at the D
> autotester before you download from github.
> http://d.puremagic.com/test-results/index.ghtml
> Additionally, any problems should be reported on the development mailing
> lists, not here.
> In this particular case, what's happened is that one of the largest
> structural problems inside the compiler has been fixed. This fixed a
> dozen of the nastiest bugs in Bugzilla, but also exposed some problems
> in Phobos and in the test suite. It'll probably be another day or so
> before everything is fully stable again.

What a wonderful resource. The test results are fascinating, and provide
some insight I've been idly wondering about recently. Thanks :)

David, it appears should be able to simply go backwards ("Older") until
you see a good compile and test, and check out that revision from git,
like this one:
http://d.puremagic.com/test-results/index.ghtml?runmax=8413&runmin=8364

-Kai Meyer