SQLite3 Phobos branch

Alex Khmara alex.khmara at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 17:03:15 PDT 2011

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 02:33:44 +0300, Robert Clipsham
<robert at octarineparrot.com> wrote:

> On 25/04/2011 00:19, Alex Khmara wrote:
>> Is it possible to see code somewhere?
>
> https://github.com/mrmonday/serenity/blob/master/serenity/SqlQuery.d -
> The code isn't great, it's adapted from D1, and wasn't complete before
> the port.
>
>> It would be interesting to get rid of
>> raw SQL, but retain access to it's parts - but I'm not sure how many
>> constructs
>> you can handle in this way - for example, what about complex queries
>> with joins?
>> What about subqueries?
>
> I've implemented this kind of thing before with another developer, and
> it's perfectly possible to deal with complex joins and subqueries (he
> implemented that previously). It isn't implemented in the code above
> however, I only did the basics to begin with, and I'm undecided whether
> I'm going to keep the former once the new interface is implemented, I
> haven't thought that far ahead.

Second variant is a kind of ORM, and I think it will be too highlevel for
many cases. But I understand that for web framework it's interesting
direction. As for standard D library, I would like to have something more
generic and traditional. Probably, something modeled from Perl's DBI, but
more D-like.