std.parallelism is accepted into Phobos

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 12:04:08 PDT 2011

== Quote from Andrej Mitrovic (andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com)'s article
> If D was available for every platform we could use a simple D script
> to do the building for us. And hey, now we can even do parallel
> builds! (std.parallelism, anyone?) :D
> But then porting to new platforms would be a chicken and the egg problem.

LOL I've actually used D and std.parallelism to do parallel builds.  I have a few
projects for which I had a good build system set up via CodeBlocks and then found
out I needed to be able to build without a GUI and without CodeBlocks installed.
I wrote a quick n' dirty D program to parse the CodeBlocks file (Who needs a real
XML parser when you have std.string and std.regex?) and build in parallel using
std.parallelism.  The whole thing is 47 lines of code.