What library functionality would you most like to see in D?

Johann MacDonagh johann.macdonagh.no at spam.gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 16:01:18 PDT 2011

On 8/1/2011 8:51 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:

> Sorry, the gui library landscape just doesn't approach being obvious
> enough to be in the standard library.
>
> My 2 cents,
> Brad

After reading through this thread I now agree with you. I do think we need:

1. Ability to quickly install DWT (D package manager)
2. Links and documentation on d-p-l.org

That way it's sort of the official GUI library, but we're not tying up
Phobos development with this gigantic code base.

Do you think this is a good idea? I think having some official GUI makes
D more competitive with C#. It also allows IDE tools to start targeting
designers for a particular library.

What about wxWidgets? It has C bindings making the wrappers easy.
There's already wxD (http://wxd.sourceforge.net/), but I'm not sure how
mature it is.