Curl wrapper

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Aug 10 00:49:54 PDT 2011

On Wednesday, August 10, 2011 09:16:35 Jonas Drewsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe the curl wrapper is ready for a first round of reviews.
>
> If I remember correctly it is Jonathan who schedules the reviews.
> So Jonathan: Do you know when this could fit in?

LOL. No, I'm not the one who schedules reviews. We don't really have anyone
who does that. We don't even have altogether formal queue. People post when
they have something for review, and we roughly keep track of what's supposed
to be next in the queue based on what gets posted when and what's actually
ready for review after whatever is currently up for review is done being
reviewed. Someone then volunteers to be the review manager for whatever is
being reviewed, and they handle posting about the review and counting the
votes and whatnot. I _did_ volunteer to be the review manager for the curl
wrapper when you last brought it up for review, though you never responded
about that and std.path ended up getting reviewed first, since Lars was back
from vacation.

Now, there are a few items which are in the review queue at the moment. We
should probably have a page somewhere which keeps track of the review queue
more formally, but we don't at the moment. The whole thing is fairly informal.
However, if I recall correctly, the items which are supposedly ready for
review are the new std.log and the curl wrapper. Also, Jesse Phillips has a
module for parsing CSV files which may or may not be ready for review (his post
on it made it clear that he was looking to have it reviewed soon, but it
wasn't entirely clear whether it was actually ready for a formal review).
There are some other items which I believe are at least close to being ready
for review (e.g. Robert Jacques has done some work on revising std.json), but
I'm not aware of anything else which is actually ready for review.

So, that leaves std.log and the curl wrapper. I believe that std.log has been
the queue longer, so if Jose is actually ready for it to be reviewed now (he
was on vacation, which is why it hasn't been reviewed yet), then that should
be reviewed before the curl wrapper, but if he's not ready, and you're ready
for the curl wrapper to be reviewed, then the curl wrapper should be reviewed
next.

- Jonathan M Davis