moving wxd to github

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Fri Aug 26 04:47:37 PDT 2011

Marco Leise wrote:
>> I am also stepping down as a maintainer, including the pre-built GDC
>> distribution (gdcwin/gdcgnu/gdcmac) and the Code::Blocks support for D.
>>
>> Hopefully the new wxD project will have better luck of accomplishing a
>> open-source cross-platform GUI and IDE for the D programming language ?

> That are some good projects you were working on. We've got the
> precompiled DMD, Eclipse DDT and GtkD, but I would have tried wxWidgets
> in Code::Blocks with D. And while building GDC from source is possible,
> the Windows folks probably preferred a binary (and some Mac and Linux
> users, too). I hope someone steps in and this is not another wave of
> dying projects.

Would have ? Well, you can still use the existing stuff* for D(1).
It was mostly that focus has shifted to D2, since four years ago...
I updated most of it for better 64-bit support last year, and there
was a new Code::Blocks 10.05 but that was about it for development.

* http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/26
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/gdcwin/files/gdc/r229/
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/gdcgnu/files/gdc/r229/
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/gdcmac/files/gdc/r229/

I guess you can also use QtD and Qt Creator, if you want something D2 ?

--anders