bug covering other bug

Mariusz Gliwiński alienballance at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 21:16:42 PDT 2011

Hey,
firstly - i'm sorry that i'm not posting it directly to bugtracker but i highly
care about this issue.

So, on my Linux x64 dmd 2.53 & 2.54, while hunting another bug (i already
highly doubt it's my) - i've found this one:
<code>
private import std.stdio;

class T {
	@property {
		float[3] scale() {
			return [1, 2, 3];
		}
		void scale(float[3] value) {
			float tx = 1;
			writeln(tx, " ", tx, " ", tx,
				tx, " ", tx, " ", tx,
				tx, " ", tx, " ", tx);

void main() {
	auto t = new T;
	t.scale = [1, 2, 3];
}
</code>
Compilation results in segmentation fault.
Another problem i'm searching for, is something with interfacing to C, pointer
to floats and properties and/or aliasing. NVM

Could someone point me that i'm doing something wrong, so it would give me
motivation to fight with all this bugs more?

Because i'm already lacking of mental power when struggling with this massive
bug'osis while writing (hopefully)  project of my live.

Awareness that i would make what i already did in C++ much faster (because of
bugs and libs, not a language) slowly stops being recompensated by elegance of
code i can write with D and highly skilled community as you are.

What's your opinion?

Sincerely,
Mariusz Gliwiński