Java > Scala -> new thread: GUI for D

Joshua Niehus jm.niehus at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 21:58:41 PST 2011

>On 12/1/11 2:59 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 12/1/2011 2:42 AM, Gour wrote:
>> I'd like to help with GUI bindings if D community would come more close
>> together here with some people ready to lead the herd...
>
> Why not you lead the effort?

    I just went to the Qt DevDays 2011 and it looks like a lot of work is
being done to get QML ready for desktop applications. Its Qt's next gen UI
framework and its JavaScript based (it looks pretty good).  It might be
worth while to investigate using QML as a UI "frontend" and use D code to
do the "backend" heavy lifting as opposed to C++.
    I know there was a Qt port to D a while back, but it seems to have died
out or was buggy.  This might be much easier (im new to development so
forgive my naivety :)