The current status of D?

Peter PPPE at sureitsmyreal.com
Sun Dec 4 00:06:26 PST 2011

torhu wrote:
> On 01.12.2011 22:24, Buk wrote:
>> Simple question, though not necessarily a simple answer:
>>
>> Is D ready for prime time?
>>
>> Sub-questions:
>>
>> 1. How stable is the language specification?
>> 2. How stable is the language implementation?
>> 3. How stable are the standard library specifications?
>> 4. How stable are the standard library implantations?
>>
>> The last time I looked was just after the D1/D2 split, and much of
>> the design was being revamped and the rate of changes and
>> deprecations was (IMO) too high to consider its use for complex,
>> multi-developer projects. Looking around the docs here, I see that
>> some of the libraries are
>> due for deprecation early next year. Barring surprises, are they
>> likely to be the last major changes?
>>
>> Thanks for your time, buk.
>
> If you want something that's ready for prime time, D1+Tango is what I
> would recommend.

Well you obviously suck at marketing. Isn't THAT, D's problem (and it
does seem to have one, huh).

>  I think D2 is not there yet.

If I had to bring forth a cliche to describe D, it would be some quip
saying "why throw good money after bad?".

I don't hate D. I think Walt and Andrei and Bear, should get together,
and produce the fucking language already. (Ha, Walt couldn't do it, so he
hired Andrei, Bear seems to both of them in disarray for all his mind can
spew at them). (Casually observing).

> The language has
> gotten a lot more complex,

"funny" how it started out then? I mean, "Yes, we proclaim D, noting C++
bad, and so embard on betterment", and ends up (is it ending?) worse than
the incumbent.

No it's not "funny", but it is useless? The concept for a specialized
group may be good.... it's not, it's just masturbation. I don't
conjecture that, even, I am a dancer. I suck at it, so I don't do it
professionally. OTOH, I can run circles around _______. (Hint: don't
count the number of underscores).

> quite done figuring out how to get all of it to fit together yet.

Pfft. As if a swinging dick could actually think.

> least that's my impression. I've used D and followed this newsgroup
> since 2006, so I don't think I'm completely clueless.

Apparently you are, for what else can such mean?

OK, I don't "get it". This is a gay room? D is a gay thing? Spill. What's
up with this D (one letter code?). What does it mean? Don't "troll" me
yet, how does a bunch of "enginerds" not mean a bunch of gay men? I could
say the same about football. Or baseball. You love to circle-jerk above
all else. Yes?