SCons support for D

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Wed Dec 7 22:57:35 PST 2011

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 23:31:10 +0100
Jens Mueller <jens.k.mueller at gmx.de> wrote:

> The nice thing about premake is that it is build using Lua. So you
> have a full language at your disposal.

Heh, that much I could see quickly...Something like Scons/Waf...

> CMake's configuration language is not that nice or at least it takes
> time to get used to it.

Well, although it's considered ugly by many, it can build stuff like
KDE which means: good-enough, right?

> premake only concerns itself with configuring. Which I think is nice.
> But it has nothing similar to CMake's find_package last time I
> checked.

OK. I'll take a look, but Cmake seems to be really robust and supports
*many* platforms.

> > Anything like Cpack available for it?
>
> As far as I know no.

Thanks...I still have to finish some web-stuff, then I'm going to tackle
cmaked2...Asked on the mailing list about more details, but no
reply...I'm not sure about testing suite which cmaked2 is supposed to
pass.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Bewildered by the modes of material nature, the ignorant fully
engage themselves in material activities and become attached. But