d-programming-language.com

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 15:45:42 PST 2011

On 10 December 2011 21:28, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> On 12/10/2011 9:21 AM, Manu wrote:
>
>> Okay, so is this the official documentation for the language?
>> Is there somewhere else I should be looking?
>>
>> I ask because literally 50% if things I've looked up in the last 2 days
>> are
>> undocumented.
>> Many of them have some heading reserved, with no content.
>>
>> Here are some examples:
>>

>>    immutable Attribute
>>

> http://www.d-programming-**language.org/const3.html<http://www.d-programming-language.org/const3.html>
>
>     __gshared Attribute
>>

> http://www.d-programming-**language.org/migrate-to-**shared.html<http://www.d-programming-language.org/migrate-to-shared.html>
>
>     shared Attribute
>>

> http://www.d-programming-**language.org/migrate-to-**shared.html<http://www.d-programming-language.org/migrate-to-shared.html>
>
>     inout Attribute
>>

> http://www.d-programming-**language.org/function.html#**inout-functions<http://www.d-programming-language.org/function.html#inout-functions>

Cheers for the links! Might be a good idea to take a few minutes and either
cut and paste some text, or paste a link to these articles in the empty
descriptions I referred to...

These would appear to be rather important keywords... I'd like to know what
>> they
>> do :)
>>

> Yup. In general, you can find the documentation on a particular keyword by
> typing in:
>
>   dman keyword

Cool cheers, noted, although to be completely honest, I'm a windows user,
and I will never type this. There should be a .chm in the distribution,
which is the standard expected by any windows developer from any sdk they
intend to take seriously. This is very easy to produce from the existing
webpage, although indexing it might take some investment.